INTERNAL / EXTERNAL VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENTS
An Internal Vulnerability Assessment will perform a complete scan of the internal network and detect all known vulnerabilities; it will analyze every device IP address by IP address to identify the device, its operating system, firmware, service packs and/or patches. It will then generate a report describing known vulnerabilities for each device.
An external vulnerability assessment will be performed remotely from Robrige Network Security in order to analyze the integrity of the credit union's perimeter security. The assessment will validate the configuration of the firewall and will determine if a possibility exists for attacks via the protocols currently allowed through the firewall. This service simulates attacks to determine if perimeter security devices can be bypassed or penetrated.
Vulnerability Assessment is an on-going process, as so testing should be performed on a regular basis. Since the ideal amount and frequency of vulnerability testing will vary according to the client's specific security policy, needs, size and NCUA,HIPPA,ISO,FFIEC,PCI requirements, Robrige Network Security offers many options to accommodate each client's individual needs. Below are samples of available programs:
- INDIVIDUAL TEST – External /Internal Vulnerability Tests can be performed.
- BI-ANNUAL TESTING - A series of one (1) internal (on-site within CT and Southern MA) and one (1) external vulnerability test will be performed within the same time frame. After six (6) months, another series will be performed. This program can be renewed each year (Recommended Minimum).
- QUARTERLY TESTING - A series of one (1) internal (on-site within CT and Southern MA) and one (1) external vulnerability test will be performed within the same time frame. Every three (3) months thereafter, another series will be performed. This program can be renewed each year.
- MONTHLY TESTING - A series of one (1) internal (on-site within CT and Southern MA) and one (1) external vulnerability test will be performed each month. This program can be renewed each year.
- REPORTING – Robrige Network Security provides a comprehensive report with all vulnerability findings delivered in both an Executive Summary and a Detailed Technical Report. The technical report includes descriptions of all detected vulnerabilities, their level of severity, what devices are affected and any known remediation procedures or recommendations. And very easy to read and understand.
Vulnerabilities are the gateway to security attacks. A network with an overabundance of these weak points has a greater chance of intruders entering, stealing or corrupting information, and exposing your company or organization to lawsuits, customer distrust, and identity theft. To find all such points, have Robrige conduct a comprehensive vulnerability assessment.
Internal and external vulnerability audits and tests involve extensive research and testing. Because weak points exist on both the perimeter and inside a network, Robrige analyzes all such possible areas.
Vulnerability assessments are a crucial component of network security. And Robrige, with our thorough scans, offers a solution. For improving the strength and compliance of your network, contact us to conduct a vulnerability assessment.